Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Battle Continues-Treadmill vs. Outside








(www.fitsugar.com)




This blog from the pro's at Nike compares treadmill to outside running...brings up some good talking points but I think it’s a matter of purpose and preference. If you like running at the gym then it is probably more beneficial to continue. If you like running in the freezing cold then again so be it. I do both, I try to run my longest distance of the week outside and hope it warms up quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not a runner, I bike instead. But to give this comment relevance, I agree with you in that I prefer to exercise outside with scenery rather than inside a gym cycling in circles in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, running outside is superior to running on the treadmill.

    I feel that when you are on a treadmill, you get content with what you have done when you see the statistics of how much you have run.

    Also i prefer running outside because you cut through the air which cools you off as you run, but running on a treadmill you are in the same spot and don't get the cool of the air.

    ReplyDelete