Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day Two: On the Road


We got up really early today to finish the final leg of the first part of our trip. We got into Kansas City about lunch time and then we started touring the same places I haven’t seen since I was a kid. If you ever go you have to eat at Winsteads. This place has been around for 65 years and they have the best Limeade and burgers ever. O and their MileHigh soda is so good.

I have had this weird anxious feeling last night so I decided to blow off some steam. The gym was crowded at the hotel with what appeared to be a band trip of high-schoolers so I decided to just go for a walk. Not knowing the area well I dropped that option too. Finally I opted instead it walk up and down the hallway of the hotel. At one point I jogged a little almost like suicides. This worked for a little while until this older guy came out of his room and was totally creeped out by me running. He said he heard some noise and wanted to take a peak. All he saw through the peephole was a flash of blue. I said I was sorry and he went back inside. … ahhhh a runners life on the road is not that easy. Especially when the people your with or places you go are not into that lifestyle. .

No comments:

Post a Comment