Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Road Trip to OKC Day 1

I am on the way to the OKC Marathon and thought … what better way to remember the experience or pass the long, long journey west then blog about it.

We left this morning at midnight but we had to do a little backtracking because I stupidly forgot the one thing I needed on this excursion. My sneakers… yea kinda hard to run without those.

Well after we got them we were on our way. Then we hit the worst fog I have ever seen. I’d call it death fog (seen on right and below). It took all of those who were driving to get us through it. We were going through West Virginia at 4 am and it was something straight out of M. Night Shyamalan's mind. Cars would literally disappear right in front of our eyes and you couldn’t see two feet in front of you. We were going 20 mph at some points.

Then we continued to drive and eventually hit Warrenton, MO. We stopped at the St. Louis Arch (at the bottom) and just a few places here and there. The Holiday Inn we are staying at it super nice and the Waffle House next door was really good too. We drove a total of 13 hours today and are a little ways away from our next destination.

I tried to drink as much water as I could and stretch whenever I got the chance. That seemed to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment